MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS EXECUTIVE:
An enthusiastic, creative professional with extensive B-to-B expertise in brand management, advertising, sales promotion, and trade show marketing. Over thirty years of progressive responsibility managing sales-enhancing communication programs.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Marketing Strategy and Brand Integration: Knowledge to analyze customer needs, develop product values and successfully communicate the message to the marketplace. Effective at planning, budgeting, and implementing integrated campaigns and brand strategies.
- Print Advertising and Public Relations: Strong understanding of business-to-business trade publications and online media to effectively generate customer awareness, website traffic and sales leads.
- Direct Marketing: Creative skills to develop effective integrated direct mail, email campaigns and landing pages for lead generation and telemarketing.
- Website Development, SEO and Analytics: Fifteen years experience organizing and writing content, and directing site design, to build traffic and generate high-ROI conversion. Solid knowledge of current SEO and user experience (UX) techniques.
- Trade Show Exhibits: Expertise to organize and implement domestic and international tradeshow exhibits, including effective pre-show promotion, innovative exhibit design, and post-show follow-up.
- Collateral Material and Presentations: Excellent organizing and writing skills to produce effective digital and printed material for presentations, product specification literature, sales promotion campaigns, and customer service and training.
Dynex/Rivett Inc., Pewaukee, WI – Advertising Manager (1982-2013)
Managed consistent company and product branding for growing, international hydraulics manufacturer, reporting to the president and director of sales. Developed aggressive, integrated communication campaigns, to successfully introduce products in targeted markets supporting direct customer and distributor sales.
Organized message, content, and format for company website, including user interface, content development, writing and SEO. Formulated objectives, strategy, messages, and coordinated all activities for trade shows.
Supported significant expansion of global sales in South America, Asia, Australia, and the Middle East. Programs to penetrate these emerging markets included translation of sales material, Internet banner ads, local-hosted web site in Chinese, and online ad campaigns in GlobalSpec. Also organized trade shows in Rio de Janeiro, Beijing, Shanghai, Singapore, Abu Dhabi (UAE), and others. Read More>
Significantly increased market share for applications in the Oil & Gas industry. Integrated campaigns include benefit-focused comparative sell sheets, and trade show exhibits with bold graphics and a successful product-themed giveaway. High-impact videos promoting product benefits stop visitors in the aisle. Read More>
Penetrated new niche markets with integrated direct marketing and print ads in industry-specific trade publications. These ads supported targeted trade shows in aerospace, mining and tunneling industries. Read More>
Created an integrated campaign to bolster sagging power unit sales, with online media advertising, an email and direct mail campaign. This sales promotion used a benefits-packed pocket folder with application focus sell sheets. Read More>
Developed the first generation website. Improved the design and user experience on the recent major upgrade to the content, internal linking strategy, and call-to-action messages. Ongoing SEO for consistent first-page rankings resulted in annual 10% increases in website traffic and lead generation. Read More>
Supported company branding with consistent messaging and graphic design across all markets, with new logo and tagline, and company signage. Read More>
EDUCATION AND TECHNOLOGY
University of Wisconsin – Madison
BA, School of Journalism, with focus on Public Relations
Software and Systems:
Experience with Windows and Apple OS. Proficient with WordPress, InDesign, Freehand, Acrobat, MS Office programs, Epicor ERP and CRM module. Expert MS Access application developer. An understanding of Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator.